South Africa-based Zimbabwean family perished in a gas explosion accident that happened on Thursday morning in Bloemfontein.
The late 49-year-old Terrence Kagande, his wife Cindy 42, children Jade, 16, and Isiah, 13, succumbed to burns and fumes when a gas heater reportedly exploded.
The publication also reports that family spokesperson Gary Kagande said the family was devastated by the death of Terry, his wife and his children.
Gary Kagande said: As much as we as a family are in shock and would want to mourn our dearly departed brother and his family peacefully. We would want to dismiss with the contempt that they deserve, the rumours that police were investigating murder cases.
According to a police report given to Cindy’s sister in Bloemfontein, Gary, a former Zimbabwe Sables rugby player, said the children were sleeping in the lounge with the heater on while their parents were in their bedroom.